Wednesday, August 11, 2010

TheChopperUnderground.com

What is The Chopper Underground aka TCU? Well, I will do my best at trying to explain where we come from, who we are and what we are about in the next few words.


TCU is an online forum made up of many unique custom bike builders from around the globe. We are not one brand specific and welcome all makes of motorcycles. It is a home to those of us who want to build a bike the way we see it without mortgaging our homes or selling our kids. We have a strong motto and we stick by it. “Chop What Ya Got”

My journey with TCU started in June of 2004. I had just traded a blown up Kawasaki KZ650 for a running and ready to ride 69 Triumph Bonneville (Yes, I stole it) and was quick to realize I wanted to make it different without breaking the bank. I quickly jumped online and started searching for custom Triumph choppers and ran across this small backyard builder website called “Chopper Underground”. I joined this free website with roughly 1400 members and fell in love with the stuff that the members of this place were building. Not only did they have very nice Triumph builds going on but I seen beautiful built Honda’s, Kawasaki’s, Yamaha’s, Suzuki’s and some European bikes. I WAS HOME!

Fast forward a couple of years and the man who started this great site up had disappeared. The site was about to fold and each night after reading the posts and seeing the member’s talents that had been logged getting ready to disappear into internet oblivion I knew I had to do something and do something quick. I was no computer genius but I figured out a way to save all of the information from this website and transform it into what it is today. Here we are 6 years later with a roughly 10,500 registered members. I could not have done it without the help of some very key members who stepped up to assist in the administrator and moderator duties along the way. These outstanding members and I have seen some rough times but as any bike builder knows, you learn the most from those rough times and mistakes. We now have a new home and have worked hard to build it. It has since been re-badged with a new logo and new URL, http://www.thechopperunderground.com/. I am honored to call of these talented members my family.

1 comment:

  1. Very cool. I always wondered how thing got started and from one of the 10,000 members Thank You.

    ReplyDelete